Floor Manager with a Beverage Focus
ABC Restaurants are passionately committed to offering the freshest, safest ingredients, presenting a seasonal menu, that is locally focused and globally artistic, and cultivating a healthy relationship on our tables and for the planet. Our atmospheric elements, under ABC Home curation, feature environmentally conscious stories, honoring the preservation of the arts and global sustainability.
We are currently seeking Full-Time Floor Managers with a Beverage Focus for abc cocina by Jean-Georges
Jean-Georges has made culinary history and developed a reputation as remarkable as his food by tapping his deep understanding of the restaurant world and pairing it with his forward-thinking vision.
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities include:
• Inspire to create, grow, and maintain a team that is energetic with a “yield to guests” focus and respectful attitude among colleagues
• “Lead by example” mentality with excellent leadership qualities, a polished floor presence, professional demeanor and appearance
• Lead authority on floor regarding service quality and ensure the highest levels of organization are maintained in the dining room and bar at all times, without exception
• Train and lead your team to provide the highest quality service to guests at all times
• Instill and maintain integrity of service, touch tables while on floor to solicit feedback and to proactively address any potential negative experiences
• Wine service and beverage knowledge for overseeing the efficient and effective service of our wine and beverage program
• Somm/Cicerone/Spirits knowledge a plus
• Demonstrate and uphold our Mission Statement, promote ABC's culture, always positively representing the Company
• Promote positive public/employee relations at all times, adhering to best practices as listed in our Handbook, and compliance with NYC regulations
• Familiarity a plus, required to learn SALIDO troubleshooting techniques and support call procedures
• Assist with departmental attendance, staff warnings, suspensions and terminations in conjunction with Supervisor and Director of Human Resources
• Perform other job related activities as required or assigned by Supervisor
Minimum 3 years NYC Management Experience in high volume, fine dining restaurants
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Aloha, Open Table and multi-line phone systems
A passion for local, organic, sustainable and responsibly sourced food and wine
Able to work independently and make the right decisions for the business
Able to stand for a 10-12 hour shift and may be required to lift up to 30lbs. occasionally
Available to work late nights, holidays and long days as necessary
College degree or equivalent experience
3-5 years prior FOH managing experience in a high volume establishment
Experience in various capacities of restaurant staff strongly preferred
Benefits include: paid vacation and 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision benefits, generous employee discount dining policy, partial gym reimbursement through medical plan, manager meals
For more information please visit abccocinanyc.com
abc restaurants provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, abc restaurants comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
abc restaurants expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of abc restaurants’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.