Bilingual Maitre'd (English/Japanese)
The Maitre D’s responsibilities include; ensuring the smooth functioning of the reservations and front desk, planning seating to maximize revenue and guest satisfaction without overloading the kitchen or wait staff, recognition of all VIP guests and critics, increasing the mailing list by gathering business cards and consistently writing “thank you cards”, maintaining constant communication between the door, floor and kitchen and always presenting a polished and professional image.
Reservations and front desk
• Ensure that all guests are quickly and politely greeted upon arrival.
• Ensure that the front door is never left unattended.
• Monitor all waiting times and minimize guests wait.
• Supervise the seating plan so that guests are seated in a way that acknowledges their importance to the restaurant.
• Make sure that phones are answered quickly and politely without any sign of hurriedness.
• Make sure that guests can hear you, “smile through the phone.”
• Ensure that soignée slips are prepared.
• Ensure that forms i.e. prepaid, birthday cakes, and gift certificates are communicated to appropriate staff member.
• Distribute reservation sheets.
• Ensure that the coat check is covered at all times by the attendant.
• Be aware of any guests in waiting area and PDR to ensure that excellent service is provided to them.
• Be fluent in the use of the Open Table system.
• Adhere to your work schedule.
• Adhere to the restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
• Act professional and accommodating and always maintain your composure.
• Ensure that seating plan is arranged so it maximizes revenue.
• Implement strategies to resolve any high or low demand periods by opening up or restricting availability.
• Make sure all reservations are confirmed.
• Maintain waiting lists.
• Balance over-booking with expected cancellation and no-show rates.
• Foster and develop concierge relationships.
• Solicit reservations in slow periods through Concierge relationships.
• Track weekly reservations on a daily basis.
• Communicate with Reservationists on a daily/am basis.
• Track “turn-aways”.
Recognition of VIP / PX and critics
• Make staff aware of special needs and VIP guests, as well as the need for discounts and comps.
• Get to know important guests.
• Read newspapers and magazines to better recognize important guests.
• Increase Email list.
• Follow the media (especially restaurant press) and keep up-to-date with cultural and social events.
• Address any problems that arise dealing with reservations and the front desk department.
• Inform BLT management of VIP reservations on a shift by shift basis.
• Communicate to the general manager when VIP guests arrive so that he can approve table number and any
special arrangements for the guests.
• Participate in staff meeting.
• Communicate to staff about any VIP guests and arrangements to be made for them.
• Gather guest information i.e. Special occasions, allergies, and favorite table. Update Open Table system with
• Communicate with Management about any dissatisfied guests.
• Be able to answer general questions about the company (E2 Hospitality) and it’s other locations, restaurant hours and its reservation
Why work with us??:
• Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
• Paid Time Off
• Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
• 401k with employer match
• Flex Spending Accounts for Parking, Transit, Medical & Dependent Care
• Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! E2 Hospitality is an EOE, and we look forward to hearing from you.