The Receiver position is to assist the kitchen and restaurant team in keeping a healthy and hygienic workplace. General kitchen cleaning duties, including the cleaning and mopping of kitchen floors and trash removal. To maintain the heart of the house area and all equipment to a level as directed by their Supervisor.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene standards as directed of kitchen and heart of house areas.
- Washing all dishes, pottery, and china and organizing such items in an organized fashion.
- To make sure all areas of the kitchen(s), i.e., cold rooms, freezer, dry stores and canteen, are kept in good and clean order.
- Take responsibility for all crockery, china, and cutlery to reduce breakages and losses.
- Make sure that all equipment is in good working order and report any issues to the Chef in charge at that time.
- Take responsibility for the general back areas of the kitchen and make sure they are kept clean, tidy, and organized.
- Complete cleaning projects of any kitchen equipment as needed.
- Removes the trash from the dish room and kitchen and places in the dumpster regularly throughout the shift. Cleans and sanitizes trash cans and keeps clean liners in cans at all times.
- Assists front and back of the house personnel in spot cleaning floors, carpeting, walls, and other furnishings to maintain a safe and pleasing environment for team members and guests.
- Assists all restaurant personnel in storing food, equipment, supply, small wares, and other stock items received in the restaurant.
- Maintains the highest degree of cleanliness and sanitation for the work area to include countertops, refrigeration units, floors, walls, and shelving.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, accidents, and/or injuries to the Chef or Manager on Duty.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Kitchen Manager and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- All other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Satisfy physical demands of the required position duties, able to independently navigate all kitchen and heart of house areas.
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment, dealing with hot surfaces, and cleaning chemicals, etc.
- Ability to follow instructions and safety procedures prescribed when performing all cleaning duties.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, kneeling, or crouching.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.