We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional host/cashier to join our team in a busy SoHo Hotspot.
We are considering full and part-time candidates for the position.
The job duties would include:
- Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant
- When immediate seating is limited, record guest names and number of people in party and provide guests with estimated waiting time
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible
- Seat guest guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow during service
- Respond to guest inquiries in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Answer telephone and field calls that could include inquiries, dining reservations or transfer calls.
- Utilize Open Table reservation system to perform dining reservations, and maintain seating charts
- Thank guests as they leave and invite them to return
- Maintain clean working environment to including the entrance areas, menus, and general areas
- Taking customer orders and calling them out to our cooks
- Cash handling during busy services
- Packaging orders and ensuring correctness
- Stocking and replenishing service supplies
Please have the following:
Must have open availability
Must have great organization skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Possess excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Must work effectively within a team recognizing how to contribute
Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year related experience and/or training
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
* Ability to write simple correspondence
* Must speak proficient English