Duff's Cakemix is an 'entertainment retail' concept offering do-it-yourself cake decorating experiences in a vibrant studio atmosphere. Our co-founder, Duff Goldman, is a chef and Food Network personality made famous on the hit TV show Ace of Cakes, and is currently starring in several others, including Kids Baking Championship. Our mission is to help customers decorate cakes, celebrate life, and share the love!
Why We Love Working Here:
• We are a start-up where we value everyone's input.
• Our customers are passionate; we have over 140,000 Instagram followers.
• We love working in a creative, high-energy work environment with a diverse group of positive, driven, and friendly people.
• We are growing fast, so there are a lot of opportunities for advancement.
• You will learn to decorate cakes!
What Does a Studio Manager Do?
• Provides leadership with a high-energy, solution-oriented attitude.
• Creates an exceptional customer experience by hosting guests with genuine warmth and enthusiasm.
• Helps guests navigate the creative process.
• Uses empathy and creativity to address and resolve customer concerns or complaints.
• Identifies and communicates staffing needs to corporate team; participates in interviews and new hire decisions.
• Coaches and develops team members.
• Identifies, grooms and recommends prospects for promotion.
• Manages prep work, cleaning, stocking and organizing.
• Drafts weekly schedule.
• Generates sales reports and inputs data into Microsoft Excel to share with corporate team.
• Collects, sign-off on and organizes invoices for corporate team.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Starting at $47K and ranging upwards, commensurate with experience.
• Option to participate in company health insurance plan with portion of costs covered
• Unlimited paid vacation
• 35% discount for employees, 15% discount for friends and family.
• 5 days/wk, approx. 8 hrs/day between 9am-9pm
• Studio managers have some flexibility with their schedule, but weekends are essential. We look to Studio Managers to really “own” their location so an occasional late night or early morning beyond typical work hours may be required.
• College degree or a minimum of 5-7 years related work experience, with 2-3 years of management experience in customer facing industries.
• Adaptable and able to deal with uncertainty.
• Must be an emotionally intelligent, enthusiastic, supportive, and high-energy leader.
• Must be able to coach Team Leads and Team Members in a firm, but supportive and encouraging way.
• Must have exceptional interpersonal skills; must be able to resolve conflict in a mature, healthy, and constructive manner.