FREEHOLD is looking for an experienced and dynamic Event Director to run point on all things event related for our cafe, courtyard, event space, restaurant and high volume lounge. The venue is open 21 hours a day and has a staff of over 120.
Our brand is expanding nationally over the next three years, and we need as many great people who are driven to build a brand as possible.
Compensation is market based on experience + healthcare, 401k with match, and bonus based on performance.
Traits should include the following:
- Massive Empathy for others
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Experience growing and teaching less experienced management
- Ability to “jump in” and lead by example in the cafe/floor/bar/etc so bartending, serving, barista experience would be preferred.
- Experience with back office systems such as NCR Back office, MS Excel, MS Word, Open Table, Avero, Slack, Dropbox etc.
- Experience to work with a Marketing and Events team in a collaborative and supportive way.
- Experience with high-volume operations, including managing security personel, neighbor relations, doorman and really long lines.
- Time management
FREEHOLD is a unique 10,000SF hospitality concept reminiscent of a bustling boutique hotel, without the actual hotel rooms. Developed in 2015, FREEHOLD, located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn has enticed guests with a range of accommodations including multiple bars, a coffee shop, restaurant, game room, spacious courtyard, plus a live music & event space. Boasting impressive reviews by the New York Times and Gothamist, along with accolades such as New York Magazine’s, ‘Best of 2016’, Lyft’s #1 Most Visited Bar in NYC, and ranking at #6 on Uber’s list of top NYC Nightlife Destinations, FREEHOLD continues to maintain its status as a top performer, welcoming over 500,000 patrons through its doors each year.