Gran Morsi, named after the Italian word for “bites,” epitomizes elegant simplicity. This airy and convivial Tribeca restaurant specializes in boldly-flavored Italian fare with a strong focus on small and shared plates, many of which are cooked in the brick oven. Gran Morsi provides both downtown Manhattan residents and visitors with a dining experience fit for whatever they’re in the mood for, whether it’s a special occasion celebration, an intimate evening or a casual night out with friends.
Gran Morsi is seeking a talented and professional Executive Chef with an Italian background to support to the existing foundation as well as continue our growth. As Executive Chef, you will lead the a la carte dining and events dining, and be responsible for their productivity. There will be some hands on expediting and kitchen managing during service, as well as on the line cooking if required. Pizza experience is a plus.
• Directly involved in the production of each dish to ensure quality and consistency of the product.
• Continuously train the team with hands-on demonstrations
• Create and implement standard operating procedures
• Ensure that quality, consistency and timeliness of all dishes are maintained at all times
• Create and cost out menu items. Ensure that recipes are adhered to
• Take inventory and complete ordering sheets
• Accomplish human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining of staff; communicating job expectations; enforcing policies and procedures
• Provide overall leadership; recognize and motivate members of the team
• Create, post and monitor staff schedules
• Review timeclock punch ins & outs
• Review weekly payroll for accuracy
• Attend daily pre-shift meetings with service staff to go over points of service, menu items, additions, and any other pertinent culinary information
• Attend and contribute to weekly managers’ meeting
• Address patron culinary complaints rapidly; ensuring a positive resolution
• Ensure that the cleanliness of the kitchen, stewarding, and storage areas are maintained
• Ensure DOH regulations are adhered to. Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations