– responsible for ensuring every guest receives a warm welcome and great dining experience.
Utility roles: Dish and Dole Whip
- responsible for prepping high quality food in a safe manner, and cleaning/sanitizing items used in food preparation to prevent contamination.
For our company to accomplish goals and deliver on its Vision and Values, we must ensure that our behavior is grounded in these Guiding Principles throughout our day-to-day interactions. It is ‘HOW’ we achieve our result that is important, not just the result.
- People First – Acts with integrity. Treats everyone fairly and with dignity and respect. Is honest, straightforward and direct when dealing with everyone. Regularly recognizes achievements and contributions of others.
- Power of the team – Respects and honors diversity across the organization. Works well as part of a team; systematically encourages and supports others. Is willing to perform any task necessary to get the job done.
- Open Communication – Seeks first to understand, then to be understood. Actively challenges and discusses issues and then supports the final outcome. Is open to constructive feedback; is a good listener.
- Focus & Accountability – Takes responsibility to fully understand what is expected of him/her/others. Honors commitments and takes responsibility for producing quality results. Effectively deals with problems and tenaciously pursues solutions.
- Speed & Simplicity – Accomplishes work efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner. Uses innovation and creativity to simplify and streamline getting the job done. Recognizes and responds effectively to unexpected changes.
- Excellence – Looks for a better way every day. Leads by example; is a good role model. Shows a willingness to challenge the rules; advocate for ‘Best Practices’. Is committed to being the best; takes risks and learns from mistakes.
Service Positions Key Responsibilities
- Greet guests promptly with a warm and friendly welcome.
- Acquire a detailed understanding of all menu items: description, preparation, sizes and pricing.
- Take guest’s food order in POS:
- Repeat order to verify accuracy
- Suggestive sell one item to enhance guest satisfaction and increase incremental revenue
- Ensure guest receives the best value within current menu pricing and promotions
- Process the guest’s payment in an efficient and courteous manner. Handle cash and credit card transactions with great care, striving for zero deviation from reported CID.
- Keep dining room area clean and stocked
- Bus tables and dispose of trash
- Clean tabletops and chairs using damp, sanitized cloth
- Sweep and mop floors when needed
- Clean and stock beverage, silverware and condiment stations
- Conduct table visits and resolve any guest issues.
- Ensure guest needs are met throughout visit, refill guest beverages.
- Thank guests and invite them to return.
Utility Positions Key Responsibilities
- Set up cook workstations according to station diagrams.
- Stock, date and rotate food product.
- Ensure food preparation and presentation meet standards and minimize waste:
- Prepare menu items according to Hawaiian Bros recipes, plate presentations and specifications
- Temp all food items to ensure food safety
- Validate that all items ordered by the guest are accurately prepared and properly placed into the correct containers
- Wash, sanitize and store all pans, small-wares, tools and utensils:
- Operate dish machine
- Ensure proper water temperature
- Use cleaning chemicals correctly
- Follow proper drying techniques
- Store items properly
- Set up three-compartment sink.
- Collect trash and remove to dumpster.
- Operate and maintain Dole Whip freeze machine:
- Clean machine daily and deep clean weekly
- Ensure proper temperature
- Prepare Dole Whips for guests:
- Make mix, adhering to recipe
- Ensure proper presentation and pour Use drink holders to prevent spillage
- Keep work area clean during shift
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning duties
- Ensure adherence to areas of focus regarding business initiatives
- Practice sanitary and safe food handling at all times
- Complete other job duties assigned by a manager
- Demonstrate teamwork by helping other positions as needed
At Hawaiian Bros, we expect our teammates to embody the Aloha spirit so we can help inspire our guests to do the same. That means ensuring a healthy work-life balance that lets you live in harmony with others and the natural world. As a company, we strive to act with honor, sharing gratitude, and positively impacting the communities we serve. In Hawaii, Ohana means family. And, when you come to work with us, you become part of a family that supports each other while having fun.