Service roles: Indoor and Outdoor Runners – responsible for friendly and prompt delivery of food orders to guests in the dining room or in their vehicles
Utility role: Service Line, Food Prep and Linebacker – responsible for prepping high quality food items prior to being cooked, and cleaning/sanitizing items to prevent contamination.
For our company to accomplish goals and deliver on its Vision and Values, we must ensure that our behavior is grounded in these Guiding Principles throughout our day-to-day interactions. It is ‘HOW’ we achieve our result that is important, not just the result.
- People First – Acts with integrity. Treats everyone fairly and with dignity and respect. Is honest, straightforward and direct when dealing with everyone. Regularly recognizes achievements and contributions of others.
- Power of the team – Respects and honors diversity across the organization. Works well as part of a team; systematically encourages and supports others. Is willing to perform any task necessary to get the job done.
- Open Communication – Seeks first to understand, then to be understood. Actively challenges and discusses issues and then supports the final outcome. Is open to constructive feedback; is a good listener.
- Focus & Accountability – Takes responsibility to fully understand what is expected of him/her/others. Honors commitments and takes responsibility for producing quality results. Effectively deals with problems and tenaciously pursues solutions.
- Speed & Simplicity – Accomplishes work efficiently, accurately and in a timely manner. Uses innovation and creativity to simplify and streamline getting the job done. Recognizes and responds effectively to unexpected changes.
- Excellence – Looks for a better way every day. Leads by example; is a good role model. Shows a willingness to challenge the rules; advocate for ‘Best Practices’. Is committed to being the best; takes risks and learns from mistakes.
- Deliver food orders for dine-in, To-Go and parking lot guests in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Ensure guests receive correct order.
- Ensure correct number of sauces are provided per plate.
- Assist online delivery drivers with order pick-ups.
- Answer phone for call-in orders.
- Pre-bus tables.
- Resolve guest issues.
- Ensure guest has everything they need.
- Help control parking lot traffic flow.
- Maintain cleanliness of parking lot.
- Thank guest and invite to return.
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of the menu, ingredients, recipes and preparation steps.
- Follow standard procedures to prepare ingredients and food products (e.g., cutting and preparing vegetables, assembling and measuring ingredients, marinating chicken and making salads).
- Store foods properly to prevent contamination.
- Store, date and rotate food in the designated containers to prevent spoilage.
- Organize food storage and kitchen equipment
- Perform portion control and minimize waste to keep cost within forecasted range
- Stock, date and rotate products
- Set up and break down equipment, materials, and ingredients.
- Keep work area clean during shift
- Complete daily and weekly cleaning duties
- Ensure adherence to areas of focus regarding business initiatives
- Practice sanitary and safe food handling at all times
- Complete other job duties assigned by a manager
- Demonstrate teamwork by helping other positions as needed
At Hawaiian Bros, we expect our teammates to embody the Aloha spirit so we can help inspire our guests to do the same. That means ensuring a healthy work-life balance that lets you live in harmony with others and the natural world. As a company, we strive to act with honor, sharing gratitude, and positively impacting the communities we serve. In Hawaii, Ohana means family. And, when you come to work with us, you become part of a family that supports each other while having fun.