Waiting Staff + Front of House
NOW HIRING - TALENTED FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF, CAPTAINS, SERVERS, BUSSERS, HOSTS, - UPSCALE ITALIAN RESTAURANT
Il Mulino New York at the Acqualina Resort & Spa is hiring FOH staff! Our fine dining Italian restaurant is seeking experienced hospitality professionals to join our team including Captains, Servers, Bussers, Bartenders Host/Hostess, and Office Staff.
Applicants should have an outgoing personality, a passion for food and strong experience providing great service.
REPORTS TO: Restaurant Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food and Beverage
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Arrive to work on time, as scheduled, with all necessary equipment, supplies and properly attired (or Uniformed) to begin work according to company standards
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Work on floor taking food and beverage orders
6. Work on the gueridon
7. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
8. Recite specials clearly at table
9. Present and explain gratis offerings
10. Display Langoustine at table
11. Take and prepare dessert orders
12. Complete all assigned side work and check all tables for proper set up
13. Polish glassware
14. Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
15. Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed, and accuracy
16. Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgments
17. Prepare checks and all closing paperwork in an organized manner
18. Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
19. Work Catering parties
20. Attend daily Pre-Shift meeting
21. Assist Maitre D answering phones
22. Assist Maitre D seating guests
23. Maintain complete knowledge of:
a) table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the Restaurant.
b) all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
c) the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
d) all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
e) P.O.S. and manual systems.
f) Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
1. English speaking
2. Provide legible communication and directions.
3. Professional appearance and attitude
4. Knowledge of food service
5. 2 years experience as a high end Restaurant Server.
6. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
7. Minimum 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
8. Ability to:
• understand and focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous.
• be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to all guests
• focus attention on details.
1. Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. Must be able to stay on feet for up to 8 hours throughout work shift.
For over 35 years, Il Mulino New York has prepared authentic Abruzzese cuisine with unparalleled service. Zagat has rated Il Mulino New York as Manhattan’s No. 1 Italian restaurant for decades and has said the restaurant provides “one-of-a-kind” cuisine filled with delicious flavors, creating an “outstanding Italian classic” restaurant where “every dish is a masterpiece.” Il Mulino New York reflects the infectious enthusiasm and joy in bringing the Italian tradition of fine food and hospitality to your table. Simple, straightforward, wholesome and always fresh – it’s the Il Mulino New York tradition.