Jersey Mike's Subs will be opening a brand new location in Morris, Illinois in March 2021! We are currently looking for shift managers to begin training in a nearby location to prepare for the Morris launch. Training opportunities are in: Joliet, New Lenox, or Peru, Illinois. Interviews can be in person or via Zoom. Must be 18 years old or older to qualify for a shift manager position.
Jersey Mike's is a great place to start a new chapter in your work life or begin one. We have great hours (we close at 9:00 pm and you're leaving by 9:30 every night!) and we are closed on Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. We close early on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, as well as on July 4th.
If you would like to do a Zoom Interview instead of an in-person interview, please e-mail BN@hellcatsubs-mgt.com and include your name, e-mail address, position you applied for, and days/times you are typically available.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join our team and grow their careers. A brief description of the job is attached below:
A Shift Leader is responsible for supporting the management team in the execution of running their assigned location. This includes, but is not limited to:
1) Coaching the staff to deliver amazing customer service;
2) Producing high quality food;
3) Delivering the Jersey Mike’s experience;
4) Cash handling;
5) Following the Learning Management System Training Program;
6) Developing others for career growth;
7) Enforcing policies and procedures;
8) Participating in local and national marketing initiatives;
9) Building sales;
10) Maintaining the cleanliness and proper sanitation practices in the establishment;
11) Being certified in all four positions of the restaurant;
12) Effective communication;
13) Having a sense of urgency;
A Shift Leader is expected to:
1) Move or Transport up to 50 lbs without assistance unless a medical notation is made whereas any physical disabilities are covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a temporary doctor's note with a time frame for the restriction on your ability;
2) Work 35-40 hours per week;
3) Have the ability to get to and from work;
4) Communicate with the GM/AGM/DM of any issues they are having;
5) Lead by example in terms of quality of the food they make, the way they interact and provide customer service, and coming to work in a clean, fitted, and pressed uniform daily.
What we offer you:
1) 50% employer contribution towards monthly health insurance premium after 1560 hours have been worked and the Shift Leader has averaged 30 hours a week or more for 1 year.
2) Dental and medical insurance coverage.
3) Support from the Managing Partner/Owner, Three District Managers, the Director of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition, the Director of Catering and Marketing, and the Director of Finances.
This job description is in no way an implied offer of employment, nor it is a contract for employment. This job description simply details the role, expectations, responsibilities, resources, and benefits available to any candidate for the position. Hellcat Subs, JMML Enterprises, and MCL Group are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will always provide legally required assistance where applicable.
At Jersey Mike's, we understand that being the best team on the planet takes more than just talent. It is a perfect blend of talent, trust, teamwork, and a shared vision. It's that little added effort, a splash of extra and unexpected, that elevates everything we do.