Grillers take full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items
in their station and provide an exceptional Nando’s experience by efficiently
and consistently producing the highest quality chicken and other menu items.
Grillers follow recipes, procedures and presentation standards consistently to
ensure the best possible product is produced and executed. Grillers are team
players that assist one another and work with the service team to exceed our
• Ensures quality by properly rotating perishable and non-perishable
• Helps maintain food cost by limiting kitchen waste and through the
efficient use of all products.
• Sets up station according to restaurant guidelines.
• Prepares all food items consistently and as directed in a sanitary and
• Consistently follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation
specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Performs regular line checks.
• Observes and tests food to determine if cooked properly.
• Regulates temperature of oven, broilers, grill, fryer or other equipment
necessary to perform job.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Must maintain a clean, sanitary and organized work environment.
• Understands and practices properly use, clean and maintain all
equipment in station.
• Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in
coolers, and all storage areas.
• Substitutes for or assists other cooks during rush periods or as needed.
• Communicates any product or equipment to management team
• Maintain an awareness of all menu information, promotions,
merchandise and advertisements.
• Assist with the training of other Nandocas following standards and
serving as a positive and professional ambassador of Nando’s.
• Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested
by the manager at any time.
• Teamwork: The ability to effectively work in harmony with others.
• Ownership: The ability to take pride in and responsibility for one’s
actions. To see a need and take action without being prompted.
• Communication: The ability to speak and listen in a positive and
effective manner. Demonstrates positive body language.
• Work Quality: Knowledge of and ability to consistently execute
work to Nando’s standards.
• Adaptability: The ability to adjust to circumstances and maintain
work quality when under pressure.
• Dependability: Consistent performance, punctuality and attendance
• Ability to execute professional cooking and service standards.
Proficient knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling
• Basic English language and professional communication skills are
• Ability to physically handle knives and other sharp, heavy or potentially
• Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting
boards, 3 to 4 feet in height.
• Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include
slicers, ovens, stoves, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related
• This position will spend 100% of the time standing, walking and
climbing stairs with food items and dishes.
• Regular environmental exposures to very cold (-32 degrees) and heat
(+90 degrees) and water.
• Regular exposure to conditions that could lead to minor injuries such as
cuts and burns.
• Must be able to work efficiently in a limited space. Must be able to work
at a fast pace for an extended period of time.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular and
continuing basis. Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment
weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, bending, hearing ability and visual acuity