Do you want to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, entrepreneurial minded business? Do you care about people and want to make a difference in the lives of others? Are you thoughtful, organized and motivated by working with others who share the same goal? We are looking for a Benefits Coordinator to help implement our vision at our corporate headquarters in Washington, DC.
CAVA is a rapidly expanding fast casual restaurant focusing on fresh, Greek & Mediterranean inspired, better-for-you cuisine. Born from our full service restaurants, our chef-driven fast casual format now has 35+ locations with further national expansion ahead.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our People + Culture team. Our ideal candidate is organized and creative with strong attention to detail. CAVA is proud to provide first class benefits options to our team members in part-time and full-time positions. As our Benefits Coordinator, you’ll assist in continually working to improve our employee benefits package, develop ongoing benefit processes and procedures and resolve employee issues to ensure that they have access to the best care possible.
This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, Open Enrollment, training, 401K enrollments, leave policies, and the compliance, analysis and reporting for all benefits programs. We’re looking for those who savor, someone with a hunger for a great environment and experience, as well as our incredible CAVA food.
• Assist with benefits management and administration
• Track and monitor new and existing employee benefit eligibility and communicate benefit information to employees
• Aid in the benefits enrollment and termination process
• Work closely with Payroll team to ensure benefit changes and deductions are entered appropriately in payroll system
• Troubleshoot employee benefits issues
• Assist with annual benefit plan renewal process and Open Enrollment
• Maintain human resource and benefit information system records in ADP and Harri and compile reports from the database
• Record and document employee leave requests
• Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and leave policies
• Review benefit invoices and monthly premium statements for group insurance policies
• Manage employee ESL program
• Assist with content and materials for employee benefit trainings
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
• High proficiency and advanced skills with Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, conditional formatting) and Google Docs
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• A bachelor’s degree and zero to two years’ human resource or business experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Competitive base salary and annual bonus potential
• Benefits options including: health, dental, vision, telemedicine, short and long term disability insurance, life insurance, pet insurance and 401K with CAVA match
• Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
• Free CAVA food
• Four Community days per year to help the world with acts of services/volunteering
• The opportunity to be on the ground floor of helping craft the vision of a rapidly growing brand
CAVA – joining “A culture, not a concept™”