Nestled on a quiet street in West Hollywood, the 79 all-suite, boutique Petit Ermitage Hotel is located just steps from the infamous Sunset Strip, lively Santa Monica Blvd and a short distance from the most desirable areas in the City of Angels.
The intimate atmosphere of Petit Ermitage can be experienced in the cozy, Bohemian-style comfort of a Demi Suite, Junior Suite, Executive Suite, One Bedroom Suite, or Masters Quarters.
Our rooftop is considered one of the premiere private spaces in LA. Replete with a garden, a salt water European pool, cabanas, an outdoor sunken fireplace, indoor/outdoor lounge spaces and 360 degree views of the Hollywood Hills. Also, proudly recognized as a Hummingbird and Butterfly Sanctuary by the National Wildlife Federation. The rooftop is open daily for breakfast, lunch & dinner. (Rooftop access only available for registered hotel guests.)
Under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, the engineer position will be responsible for maintaining all buildings and equipment throughout the hotel.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
• Troubleshoot equipment using proper tools in a skilled craftsman-like manner.
• Perform assignments as directed by the Director of Engineer.
• Assume the duties of other mechanics when required, including light carpentry, plumbing, grounds maintenance, electrical, painting, pool and spa maintenance, etc.
• Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment.
• Repair all malfunctioning mechanic devices.
• Perform electrical, air conditioning, heating, plumbing, boiler, and television repair needs.
• Participate in services to ducts and grease traps.
• Rekeys lock and maintains the key system.
• Stay up to date on equipment, systems, and procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• 1-2 years job related maintenance experience or engineering preferred
• 1-2 year experience in customer service preferred
• Ability to communicate clearly, must speak and understand English