Servers (Part-time Weekends)
• Make guests feel comfortable and enhance guest experience.
• Inform guests of specials and menu changes.
• Be knowledgeable of menu and make recommendations.
• Take food and beverage orders from guests and enter into point-of-sale.
• Deliver food and beverages from kitchen and bar to guests in a timely matter.
• Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as assigned by immediate supervisor.
• Maintain clean service areas.
• Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service.
• Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
• Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
• Be ready and willing to assist fellow servers as situations arise.
• Be ready and willing to assist bussers with clearing and resetting tables.
• Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
• Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the floor manager or immediate supervisor.
• Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time.
• Be able to lift & carry trays.
• Assist other FOH staff to perform setting up restaurant, cleaning restaurant, bussing tables, running food, taking food orders, making cocktails, serving guests, assisting host staff and opening and serving wine, when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Perform all duties while following all health department sanitation requirements.
• Represent STK at off site events as brand ambassador.
• No consumption of alcoholic beverages while working.
NOTE - Basset and Food Handlers Certified strongly preferred
STK Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer