A Manager at The ONE Group is responsible for leading, educating, motivating and energizing the team to provide a world class vibe dining experience. This position supports the General Manager and maintains a strong presence on the floor, appropriate staffing levels, completes scheduling and employee development, and maintains the beverage program. This position also sells and assists in the sale of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on the floor and in the bar area.
• Ensures compliance with Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met.
• Conduct daily inspections of F&B areas, including equipment, and by training staff in sanitation standards. Reports critical issues to General Manager or TOG Corporate Director
• Promotes responsible alcohol sales and service and ensures compliance with local alcohol service regulations.
• Educate FOH staff on how to properly service wine including: opening wine, serving wine, proper wine pours and how to go about selling 2nd bottles of wines to a table.
• Codes all invoices according to company standards.
• Schedules regular staff education trainings.
• Maintain all TOG corporate mandates.
Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time and be able to lift & carry trays.
• Assist other FOH staff to perform setting up restaurant, cleaning restaurant, bussing tables, running food, taking food orders, making cocktails, serving guests, assisting host staff and opening and serving wine, when needed.
• Perform all duties while following all health department sanitation requirements.
• Demonstrate a positive example. No consumption of alcoholic beverages while working.
• Increasing sales through marketing, networking and incentives for staff to raise guest check average. • Maintains budgeted revenues, cost of sales (COS), labor, supplies and operating cash flow (OCF).
• Reviews monthly profit and loss statement and acts on all variances. • Monitor activities and expenses including inventory and labor.
QUALIFICATIONS/PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum 3 years professional experience
• Strong management and presentation skills
• Strong influence, interpersonal and communication skills • General business acumen and analytical skills
• Expert knowledge of all restaurant computer systems
• Able to quickly integrate into a team and be recognized as a leader • Finds problem areas, develops solutions and gets the job done