DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring water to table
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths between seatings
- Check floor and clean as required.
- Clear tables after guests.
- Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
Other duties as assigned
Perform all duties while following all health department sanitation requirements
Be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
Be able to lift more than 20 lbs
Be able to carry tray and stack plates
Must be able to read, write and speak English