Host / Hostess
Located in the JW Marriott Chicago, in the city’s bustling Loop financial district, The Florentine offers an elegant yet accessible interpretation of seasonal Italian cuisine.
Characterized by simplicity and paramount ingredients, the menu showcases top imported Italian pastas, cheeses, salts and meats as well as ingredients from local and organic farms.
We are seeking a Host / Hostess. We take hospitality seriously, and expect all our employees to do the same. All Host / Hostess will be responsible for the following:
- Ensuring all guests' satisfaction with their dining experience, to meet and/or exceed their needs.
- Taking feedback from the management team as needed, and assist with setting the pace of service and general guest satisfaction.
- Reacting quickly to any special requests and observed service bottlenecks, getting management involved as needed.
The Host/Hostess position responsibilities include; welcoming all guests with a warm sincere greeting, escorting guests to a particular table, answering phones promptly and politely, acknowledging and thanking guests as they leave, and always presenting a professional image.
• Clean and maintain supplies in Host Stand.
• Maintain impeccable condition of menus.
• Ensure smooth functioning of the desk.
• Provide guests with accurate and up-to-date information about the restaurant.
• Be proficient in the use of Open Table.
• Perform assigned side work.
• Adhere to your work schedule.
• Adhere to the restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
• Welcome the guest to the restaurant with a warm sincere greeting.
• Monitor all waiting times and minimize guest’s waits.
• Maintain wait list.
• Escort guests to a particular table.
• Use a tray to carry any of the guest’s items (drinks) from the waiting area to their table.
• Pull out all of the chairs, and stay with the table until they are seated.
• Answer phones promptly and politely without sounding hurried.
• Accurately transfer bar checks to dining room, directing bartender to correct table.
• Know table and position numbers.
• Acknowledge and thank the guest as they leave the restaurant.
• Always clean the Host Stand; restock postcards and business cards before, during, and after service.
• Hand off VIP information (Soigné-Slip) to the manager immediately after the guests have been seated.
• Communicate to the manager on duty about any problems that may have been experienced by guests.
• Answer phones and be prepared (using the fact sheet) to answer questions on the following: address and location,
dress code, hours of operation, menu items and price ranges, holiday menus and information, credit cards
accepted, large party/private party information, reservation policy.
• Communicate with staff so restaurant can be set properly.
• Be able to answer general questions about the property, restaurant and other E2 restaurants.
Why work with us??
- Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
- Paid Time Off
- Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
- 401k with employer match
- Flex Spending Accounts for Medical, Transit & Parking
- Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! E2 Hospitality is an EOE, and we look forward to hearing from you.