Human Resources/Payroll Administrator
The HR/Payroll Administrator is responsible for performing a variety of human resource support duties. Assists in maintaining the human resource database and all employee records and files. Completes assigned reporting functions involving attendance statistics, termination, hire and transfer data, and other information assigned. Provides recommendations regarding the development and administration of human resource policies and programs. Assists in informing new employees of human resource policies and programs as needed. Performs general office support functions and assists area personnel as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Enters new hire information in the human resource system database.
• Provides appropriate paperwork to individuals hired for positions
• Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
• Ensure that new personnel files contain all necessary paperwork, maintain spreadsheet of missing materials, and correspond with appropriate managers to get missing items from the employee in a timely fashion.
• Completes monthly and year-end reports regarding terminations, transfers, and new hires.
• Ensures that EEO reporting functions are correct when entering new hires
• Completes miscellaneous research, reports, and memos as requested
• Tracks and documents vacation time, sick time, status changes and employee evaluations, and keep management informed.
• Records employee write ups/disciplinary action in human resource data base
• Files employee paperwork in designated area
Payroll - complete the following for assigned venues
• Enters payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and all other deductions.
• Reviews and reconciles credit card tips vs actual amount being paid to employees.
• Reviews payroll journals prior to processing for assigned venues
• Contacts various Managers for any missed times or tips.
• Conduct payroll audit on Avero vs Payroll sheet and report findings
• Troubleshoot issues with tip logs and payroll sheets
• Liaison with accounting department regarding at credit or debit discrepancies
• Trains venue management team on payroll processes
• Answers telephone, takes accurate messages, and screens/directs telephone calls in a professional manner
• Obtains and conveys information as needed
• Informs Director of Human Resources of any significant problems
• Type’s memos and letters as requested from manager and employees
• Stays well informed regarding human resource developments
• Performs miscellaneous clerical functions and special projects as assigned
• Responsible for being familiar with federal, state and local statutes involving employee selection and labor relations
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned