Executive Sous Chef
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out all requests and orders from the Corporate Executive Chef.
- Report and communicate with restaurant management regarding any issues ongoing with the kitchen/ operations.
- Interface with FOH employees.
- Responsible for consistency in every dish served / Execute & oversee the production of all menu items.
- Expedite orders correctly and efficiently to ensure smooth kitchen flow, orchestrate timing of service by telling cooks when and how to cook products so our guests are served on a timely fashion
- Fully understand the importance of and have the ability to utilize standard recipe cards and plating guides, ensuring quality control, consistency and flavor/ presentation standards.
- Perform line checks to include temperature checks of all refrigeration, rotation and dating of all foods, proper preparation and storage of items, freshness and taste of ingredients, and items for specials completed for the night’s service.
- Complete understanding of work safety and emergency procedures.
- Minimize waste and recycling of products as much as possible.
- Ensuring all reach-ins and walk-ins are locked.
- Work closely with Events Department to keep the menu updated to current restaurant menu trends.
- Check reservations and all V.I.P.S. for the nights service, communicate and show all specials to the servers at the daily staff meeting.
- Create and execute daily specials.
- Ensure all foods are up to our quality and standards, all specials are current with the seasons and trends, coach and train the staff to The ONE Group brand of food.
- Implement closing duties for the runners, stewards, line/pantry cooks, pastry cooks
- Work closely with staff to ensure that their respective jobs are being executed as per company guidelines.
- Demonstrate good math and English skills for calculating, communicating, writing requisitions/ completing food inventories and for retrieving information as needed.
- Inspire loyalty, camaraderie and teamwork within BOH staff, and between FOH and BOH teams.
- Ensure A+ standards for kitchen cleanliness and follow all Health Department Guidelines to ensure proper food handling from the beginning to the end when the food is leaving the kitchen.
- Attend all weekly management meetings and corporate meetings that are scheduled.
- Hold monthly mandatory kitchen meetings and address all issues that arise.
- Continuously monitor daily labor and food cost reporting sheets to ensure costs are trending within budgeted parameters.
- Review monthly profit and loss statement and acts on all variances.
- Ensures all overtime is authorized
- Monitors Pmix reports to ensure menu items are selling
- Maintain a strong focus on the business of operating a kitchen by using all available tools provided.
QUALIFICATIONS/PRIMARY JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years professional hospitality leadership experience in a similar environment
- The ability to maintain labor, food costs, and inventory control
- Strong administrative, communication and leadership skills
- The ability to uphold standards for core menu items and contribute to seasonal changes, daily specials, and on and off-site menus