Each dishwasher’s primary objective is to provide a clean and safe kitchen area for our staff Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans and cooking equipment. Keep the dish room and equipment clean and organized.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS: Reports directly to the Chef de Cuisine
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assumes 100% responsibility for the cleanliness of dishware
· Load, run and unload dish machine.
· Keep the dish machine clean and report any functional or mechanical problems to the kitchen manager
· Monitor dish machine water temperature and chemical levels to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
· Wash and store all tableware and kitchenware.
· Keep dishroom clean and organized.
· Complete opening and closing checklists.
· Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for dining room and kitchen
· Bag and haul kitchen trash to dumpster.
· Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
· Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
· Clean food preparation and production areas as required,
· Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
· Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef de Cuisine
· Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members
· Must be able to work unsupervised
· Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and front of the house
· Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours or longer).
· Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
· Be able to work in a fast paced kitchen environment
· Be able to work in hot, wet, humid and loud environment for long periods of time