The Back Server provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. The Back Server aids front servers in the prompt delivery and removal of food and beverage items.Essential Job Functions:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Transport food from the kitchen to the outlet in an efficient and accurate manner
- Assist Front Servers in all aspects of the dining experience
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Ensure the proper set up of all side stations in the outlet
- Have knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Assemble table and place settings to ensure that they are always clean, safe, and orderly
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)Required Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years fine dining food and beverage back server experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Open availability; must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow coworkers as part of a team
- Must be able to effectively understand and convey written and verbal information to guests and coworkers
- Must possess a service orientation – actively looking for ways to help others
- Professional presentation and positive attitude
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, twist at the neck and trunk, bend at the waist and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, reach overhead, above shoulders and horizontally. Employees will use hands to handle objects and tools, and operate service equipment. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40-pound objects. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employees may use vision to monitor food quality and quantity and may also order supplies, etc.
May require evening and weekend hours. While performing the duties of this job, the employee generally works in an indoor front of restaurant and kitchen environment with exposure to heat from ovens, hot foods and steamers and cleaning chemicals, fumes, equipment, and metal objects. You will usually be based indoors, splitting your time between the front of the restaurant and the kitchen. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud dependent on specific work site and/or equipment operation.The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
WolfgangPuck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: EEOC Poster.