Medical Benefits are offered for this position upon completion of our four week training program. Our Best in Class Medical Coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield is a $0 deductible plan - which means if you are in network you pay nothing out of pocket for primary care visits and medication! These benefits are only available for applications/shift manager employees that work a minimum of 30 hours per week.
The Full Time Opening Shift Manager works 5 days a week, 8 hour days. They are responsible for baking bread; slicing lettuce, onions, and tomatoes; recording temperatures; checking in truck deliveries; making bacon; general clean up from opening prep; and setting up the production line.
A Shift Leader is responsible for supporting the management team in the execution of running their assigned location. This includes, but is not limited to:
1) Coaching the staff to deliver amazing customer service;
2) Producing high quality food;
3) Delivering the Jersey Mike’s experience;
4) Cash handling;
5) Following the Learning Management System Training Program;
6) Developing others for career growth;
7) Enforcing policies and procedures;
8) Participating in local and national marketing initiatives;
9) Building sales;
10) Maintaining the cleanliness and proper sanitation practices in the establishment;
11) Being certified in all four positions of the restaurant;
12) Effective communication;
13) Having a sense of urgency;
A Shift Leader is expected to:
1) Move or Transport up to 50 lbs without assistance unless a medical notation is made whereas any physical disabilities are covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a temporary doctor's note with a time frame for the restriction on your ability;
2) Work 35-40 hours per week;
3) Have the ability to get to and from work;
4) Communicate with the GM/AGM/DM of any issues they are having;
5) Lead by example in terms of quality of the food they make, the way they interact and provide customer service, and coming to work in a clean, fitted, and pressed uniform daily.
What we offer you:
1) 50% employer contribution towards monthly health insurance premium after 4 weeks of completed training.
2) Support from the Managing Partner/Owner, Three District Managers, the Director of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition, the Director of Catering and Marketing, and the Director of Finance.
3) Ability to grow your career with the largest Jersey Mike's Subs franchise in the Chicagoland area!
This job description is in no way an implied offer of employment, nor it is a contract for employment. This job description simply details the role, expectations, responsibilities, resources, and benefits available to any candidate for the position. Hellcat Subs, JMML Enterprises, and MCL Group are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will always provide legally required assistance where applicable.