Dishwasher / Porter
Dishwashers clean and sanitize all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and are responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness of dish room, dish machine and storage areas.
Dishwashers are also doing other part of BOH function such as performing basic line prep and cleaning the BOH areas.
• Operates and maintains dish machines to company and manufacturer specifications during assigned shifts.
• Ensures Dish machine is well maintained and calibrated to comply with sanitation codes. Let supervisor know if the machine requires repair.
• Checks and refills sanitation bucket on the cooking line
• Assists the prep cook during AM prep
• Sweeps and mops floor.
• Restocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots, and pans.
• Removes all garbage and recyclables.
• Cleans, and sanitizes the dish machine at the end of a shift.
• Maintain overall cleanliness of the dish and other storage areas.
• Ability to learn and practice city health code, sanitary guideline, and dish machine operations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with team members and managers.
• Ability to handle knives, pots or other items as well as grasp, lift and carry same from shelves and otherwise transport up to 50 pounds.
• Proper usage and handling of various chemicals.
• Able to react quickly to BOH leaderships’ requests and demands
• Able to take special requests and pass them to the immediate supervisor
• Basic understanding of food safety and its preventive methods