Kizuki Line cook the core of the Kizuki experience. They are responsible for the daily food service activities and are to follow the established standard operation procedure aka SOP.
The Kizuki Line Cook team is made out of four stations and each station plays a critical role of the success of our kitchen. Every team member will start from the Chashu station and master each station.
With the additional mastery of each station, the team member will receive additional hours and hourly pay.
To master each station, every team member will go through three level of mastery.
Lv. 1: Training in the station.
Lv. 2: Able to work the station independently during weekend
Lv. 3: Able to train other team members in the station.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
• Follow Standard Operation Procedure a.k.a SOP to work in the restaurant when scheduled.
• Maintains a positive and calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for other team members.
• Maintain an awareness of all menu information, promotions, merchandise and advertisements.
• Assists with new team member training by positively recognizing good performance and giving respectful coaching as needed.
• Contributes to positive team environment and communicates to General Manager in case of team morale and performance change
• Follows Kizuki operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Maintains a clean and organized workspace
• Maintains regular and punctual attendance
• Performs routine food service activities according to established operational policies and procedures and Preparing high quality food items to order for our guests.
• Follow food and restaurant safety standards and guidelines.
• Attention to detail in food/service quality and cleanliness
• Ensure constant and adequate supplies of ingredients are prepared according to company specifications and local health regulations.
• Following recipe and presentation guidelines to meet or exceed guests' expectations
• Ensuring proper food safety and sanitation standards to ensure guest safety
• Meeting special guest requests while ensuring same high quality standards
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to speak, read and write in English
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to learn quickly
• A positive attitude at all time
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
• Ability to stand and walk for minimum for 4 straight hours when needed.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
• Carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to withstand the heat and the cold and exposure to cleaning chemicals, smoke, fumes and some airborne particles.