We are hiring skilled and talented Line Cooks to join the team at Lupo!
The Line Cook will be responsible for preparing, cooking and garnishing various foods efficiently within the established “Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group” standards in every aspectEssential Job Functions:
• Maintain food storage and handling procedures
• Maintain food quality and nutritional standards
• Perform technical culinary food production, portion control, and service standards
• Follow production schedule
• Food preparation of meats/poultry/game/fish, vegetables, and fruits, to include:
Washing, peeling, cutting and seeding vegetables and fruits
Weighing and measuring ingredients
Methods of combination: stirring, mixing, whipping, breading, etc.
Cooking: steaming, sautéing, frying, baking, roasting, braising, boiling, poaching, broiling
Maintain cooking temperature, product cooling and labeling
• Lifting and moving equipment to and from work stations, stove, and refrigerator
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station, equipment and
• Distribute supplies utensils, and portable equipment
• Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at work station to ensure a smooth service period
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish setup for all dishes
• Properly store, rotate, and manage all food products following local, state, federal, and company guidelines and proceduresQualifications:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum 2 years cooking experience;(or) equivalent combination of education and experience
• Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of food preparation and fine dining cooking
• Must be able to perform in a high volume kitchen environment
• Previous Line Cook experience in a fine dining restaurant
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• Conversational English vocabulary
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide these operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carryout detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Strong team-minded approach to fellow-workers.
• Primary food quality work ethic
• Proficient knife skills and use of following equipment:
Tilting Steam Kettle
Tilting Braising Skillet
Mobile, Rotary and Convection Ovens
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Wolfgang Puck Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988, Wolfgang Puck Group is a drug-free workplace.