Morimoto Asia is Patina Restaurant Group’s first collaboration with Chef Masaharu Morimoto. Located at The Landing, in the heart of Disney Springs, Morimoto Asia is the Japanese master chef's first pan-Asian dining experience. Our culinary destination includes unique exhibition kitchens that showcase traditions like Peking duck carving and dim sum. Morimoto Asia’s eye-catching, 36-foot tall, two-story layout includes lounges, private dining spaces, and an exhibition glass encased kitchen that allows guests a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the culinary action. The second-level sushi bar and lounge have a separate entrance. Morimoto Asia's culinary elements provides flavors from across Asia, while exhibition kitchens showcase the continent's traditions providing an exciting dining experience for our guests. PRG's depth of practice in creating custom dining experiences combined with Chef Morimoto's inspiration and perspective will create an unmatched dining experience in this richly layered setting.
An immediate opportunity exists for proven restaurant professionals with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is looking for Line Cooks that are responsible for facilitating all food preparations which may involve a variety of cooking stations and the maintenance of cooking equipment. Representatives are responsible for handling all cuisine in according to health and sanitation standards. Line cooks must work as a team and keep an open communication with all kitchen staff to ensure all necessary kitchen operations are being conducted efficiently. The ideal candidate has passion and enthusiasm for food preparation and is meticulous with cleanliness throughout acquiring, handling, preparing, and delivering products to our customers.
Patina offers unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional, while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments with a healthy work life balance.
· Prepare all menu items, which pertain to the cooking line and other responsible stations.
· Set and organize the cooking line according to restaurant standard.
· Complete cooking or cleaning tasks assigned by other chefs and cooks as appropriate (i.e. washing, chopping, frying, boiling, preparing, seasoning any food product etc.)
· Execute all assigned menu items in coordination with the expediter on duty to the customer's specifications.
· Ensure that all food orders are being completed correctly, taking into account food allergies, dietary restrictions and special requests.
· Clear communication of mise-en-place needs to support staff (i.e. Butcher, Prep Cooks, and Dishwashers) using established order format.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of the cooking line, refrigeration space, and physical surfaces in designated areas.
· Accept or reject ingredients from food supplier based on quality and appearance; keep note of inventory and notify stocker and chefs if product orders need to be made.
· Maintain knowledge of and the ability to perform basic cooking techniques.
· Acknowledge and adhere to company safety and sanitary policies.
· Continuously be willing and able to learn new techniques and facilitate the training of others.
You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description at management's discretion.
· 1 year experience or training as a Line Cook in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity, and volume required.
· Culinary Degree preferred.
· Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
· Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
· Possess exceptional communication skills and an ability to anticipate guests needs; an approachable demeanor with guests as well as with employees is essential.
· Maintain a professional and polished appearance combined with the ability to interact with all types of guests.
· Have passion for fine dining combined with substantial food and service knowledge.
· Must be able to multitask in a demanding, high volume environment.
· The ability to speak a secondary language is convenient but not necessary.
· Competitive compensation package
· Major medical insurance options
· Dental, Vision and life insurance
· Paid vacation
· 401K program
· Company Dining Discount program
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the
Patina Restaurant Group EOE.
We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically celebrate the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
Visit us at www.PatinaGroup.com