The Roxy Hotel is an electric destination for music, film, and art, located on the border of SoHo and TriBeCa. We employ a close-knit group of natural-born entertainers, supreme go-getters and masters of hospitality. Really, you ought to see us make someone's drink, bed or day.
The Roxy Hotel is looking for an experienced Line Cook that will work as part of the culinary team under to execute breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, lounge, and catering menus.
• Make sure all standard menu mise en place is ready for service and the line is set and ready, prior to the beginning of service.
• Daily production and expedition of all assigned dishes for each respective service including Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, and Catering
• Maintain a clean and sanitary work station throughout service
• Before shift is complete, properly close the station by changing all mise en place containers, ice down all sauces, stocks, soups or other ingredients according to safe and sanitary practices, store all ingredients properly and safely in refrigeration, sanitize cutting board, tools, knives and work area
• Coordinate efforts with the Food and Beverage Manager on duty
• Provide support for fellow kitchen team members in need
• Maintain a high level of respect between the front of the house staff and the kitchen staff
• Candidates should have proof of culinary education and/or certificate
• Must have Food Handlers Certification from NY State
• Ability to work at a fast, yet controlled pace while cooking
• At least 2 years work experience in a fully operation kitchen of credibility
• Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively to all team members