Catering Sales Manager
Taylor Gourmet Catering is a high volume, multifaceted operation that provides daily catering services to clientele in Washington, DC, Norther Virginia, and Maryland.
The Catering Sales Manager is a key player in driving sales, building brand awareness, and overall development of the catering program. You would be responsible for sales and profit goals which you will achieve by living our values, Engage, Collaborate, and Inspire, and serving up world class customer service. You will work as a team with a catering coordinator to execute daily customer needs, process orders quickly, and make contact with new clients to broaden your base base and open sales opportunities. This is a high profile position where enthusiasm, professional image, and flexibility are required. You must be a self-starter with an outgoing personality that attracts people to you. You will be a master at building relationships, staying in touch, and always knowing the right time to reach to someone.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all department and company policies, service procedures, and standards.
• Ensure that food quality and food presentation standards are met at the highest level on a daily basis through communication with delivery drivers, catering production team, and the client.
• Solicit new business through activities including but not limited to cold calls, walk-in prospecting, and networking.
• Prepare ‘call report’ on daily basis.
• Maintain contact with ongoing clients on a regular basis.
• Keep up to date on catering menu offerings including seasonal menu changes. Provide timely feedback on menu items ensuring Taylor Gourmet is offering what the customer is seeking.
• Suggest, confirm, and finalize menus selections with clients.
• Be available at time of delivery for any customer needs or concerns.
• Work closely with market leadership and local Catering Coordinator to provide support in develop existing client base into monthly customers.
• Participate in local training, team meetings, and development meetings as needed.
• Closely monitor market competition.
• Participate in quality control activities to ensure only fresh, beautiful food is delivered to the client.
• Create, implement, and report on a sales action plan for your assigned region.
• Engage with everyone you meet courteously and professionally including clients, employees, and community members.
• Respond to all inquiries with urgency in order to resolve all guest and production difficulties.
• Work collaboratively with the Marketing Department to develop necessary collateral for sales and events.
• Leverage a broad understanding of menu items and product margins to work with the Finance Department to develop menus and daily offerings at the client’s request for special events and large orders.
• Be available to meet clients for meetings and tastings at the client’s convenience.
• Maintain detailed database capturing all client orders, requests, concerns, contacts…etc.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities.