Located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, The Wayfarer is an American Grille serving fresh takes on classic dishes in an airy and sophisticated setting. A bi-level restaurant, featuring a second floor lounge and three private dining rooms, The Wayfarer often has many private events, along with a regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
We are seeking a Host/Hostess. We take hospitality seriously, and expect all of our employees to do the same. All Host/Hostess will be responsible for the following:
• Ensuring all guests' satisfaction with their dining experience, to meet and/or exceed their needs.
• Taking feedback from the management team as needed, and assist with setting the pace of service and general guest satisfaction.
• Reacting quickly to any special requests and observed service bottlenecks, getting management involved as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
• 1-2 years Experience; (Fine-Dining experience is a huge plus!)
• Superior Hospitality Skills
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Great Attention to Detail
• Flexible Schedule
Host/Hostess Detailed Responsibilities:
• Clean and maintain supplies in Host Stand.
• Maintain impeccable condition of menus.
• Ensure smooth functioning of the desk.
• Provide guests with accurate and up-to-date information about the restaurant.
• Be proficient in the use of Open Table.
• Perform assigned side work.
• Adhere to your work schedule.
• Adhere to the restaurant grooming, uniform, and hygiene standards.
• Welcome the guest to the restaurant with a warm sincere greeting.
• Monitor all waiting times and minimize guest’s waits.
• Maintain wait list.
• Escort guests to a particular table.
• Use a tray to carry any of the guest’s items (drinks) from the waiting area to their table.
• Pull out all of the chairs, and stay with the table until they are seated.
• Answer phones promptly and politely without sounding hurried.
• Accurately transfer bar checks to dining room, directing bartender to correct table.
• Know table and position numbers.
• Acknowledge and thank the guest as they leave the restaurant.
• Always clean the Host Stand; restock postcards and business cards before, during, and after service.
• Hand off VIP information (Soigné-Slip) to the manager immediately after the guests have been seated.
• Communicate to the manager on duty about any problems that may have been experienced by guests.
• Answer phones and be prepared (using the fact sheet) to answer questions on the following: address and location,
dress code, hours of operation, menu items and price ranges, holiday menus and information, credit cards
accepted, large party/private party information, reservation policy.
• Communicate with staff so restaurant can be set properly.
• Be able to answer general questions about the property, restaurant and other E2 restaurants.
Why work with us??:
• Competitive hourly rates & opportunity for growth (we are expanding!)
• Paid Time Off
• Full benefits package after 90 days with 75% paid premiums
• 401k with employer match
• Flex Spending Accounts for Parking, Transit, Medical & Dependent Care
• Gym Discount (NYHRC)
• Shift meal, dining discounts in other E2 restaurant locations, and a great work environment!
If you think you are a great fit for this role, please let us know by applying today! The Wayfarer is a part of E2 Hospitality, who is proud to be an EOE. We look forward to hearing from you!