We are currently looking for a Packaging Assistant - Pastry (Part-Time) to join the team at Ashford Castle.
Key responsibilities of the Packaging Assistant will include:
- To package food for the section to which you are assigned to, meeting the standards agreed whilst working in conjunction with other chefs.
- To plan your time effectively when at work in order to carry out your responsibilities in the most efficient manner.
- To maintain a good working relationship with all kitchen and Pastry Team.
- To maintain a high level of personal and operative hygiene at all times, adopting a ‘Clean As You Go’ policy.
- To ensure that all food service areas are maintained to an acceptable level of cleanliness and hygiene, adhering to the cleaning schedules on a daily basis. Adhere to Food Hygiene and HACCP Regulations.
- To promote a high level of attention to detail.
The ideal candidate for the Packaging Assistant position should:
• Have a friendly & outgoing personality
• Be enthusiastic & flexible (may need to work 3 days to 4 days over 7 day period, inclusive of some weekends)
• Have good communication skills
• Have strong attention to detail
• Be legally eligible to work in Ireland
• Have the ability to handle busy situations and manage your workload effectively
Some of the Benefits available to the team:
• Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
• Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
• Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events
• Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including Estate Activities)
• Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
• Free meals on duty
• Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
In choosing to join Ashford Castle, you become part of a significant piece of history, both of Ireland and the Red Carnation Hotel Collection. Through the grand stone gates, a royal adventure begins. This remarkable 800-year-old castle, widely recognised as Ireland’s top hotel destination and once home to the Guinness family, is exceptional in every sense. Discover exquisite interiors, delicious cuisine, a wealth of unique activities and a state-of-the-art spa. The extraordinary characters of the castle passionately care about each and every guest experience. Ashford Castle, voted No. 1 in Top 10 Resort Hotels in the UK and Ireland in Travel + Leisure 'World's Best' Awards 2020 and awarded Five Stars by Forbes Travel Guide 2021.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection is a family owned hotel business renowned for providing the perfect opportunity to those who are looking for an exciting career, family feel and job security within the hospitality industry. We truly recognise that only through our people can we provide service to our guests, which is personal, memorable, imaginative and friendly.
The Red Carnation Hotel Collection provides an opportunity for long-term career prospects and has been recognised with a Gold Standard Award Investors in People - the first hospitality company to gain this award on a worldwide basis and retain it for ten years. We were also the first hotel collection to be awarded a Princess Royal Training Award. As a result we can confidently promise you will reach your full career potential!
We are an equal opportunities employer. The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Ireland with no restrictions. We are currently in search to fill this role however start date is pursuant to country guidelines.