City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing our enthusiasm of wine, music, and culinary arts. This is the first City Winery not in a city, but on a beautiful 22-acre property in Montgomery, New York which is a fully functioning winery, tasting room and restaurant, as well as a site focused on Private Events. This stunning, 130-year-old historic Mill has been restored to its original romantic glory, with every detail exquisitely reimagined and crafted with the touch of rustic yet urban class that is unique to City Winery.
We are seeking EVENT STAFF with a passion for hospitality and creating unforgettable events to join our team!
Event Servers, Bartenders, and Service Assistants are responsible for delivering a high-quality, memorable guest experience at all City Winery events. This is a part-time, on-call position that is ideal for those seeking flexibility in their work schedule. Event staff actively handle set-up, presentation, execution, guest service, and breakdown of all City Winery private events. Event Staff are typically performing a variety of duties depending on the nature of the given event which may include weddings, corporate functions, high profile dinners, private concerts, and more.
● 1+ years as a banquet/event server, bartender, or support staff member in a fast-paced, high-volume, events environment preferred
● Prior experience in luxury, high-end event setting is preferred
● Ability to consistently deliver high-quality guest experiences, exceed guest expectations, and strive to create a memorable experience at every City Winery visit
● Ability to execute professional service and handle diverse group of clientele with composure and hospitality
● Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks in high pressure environment
Knowledge of safety and sanitation standards
● Ability to work with a sense of urgency, proactively, resourcefully, and take initiative
● Attention to detail
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
● Aptitude to resolve problems
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities:
● Deliver exceptional guest service experience at all events with goal to exceed guest expectations at every event
● Perform all duties as assigned at the particular event and related to the nature of the event including but not limited to: set-up, service execution, and breakdown
● Serve food and beverage, handle guest inquiries, requests, and needs
● Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to guest needs at all times
● Adhere to CW private event steps of service and ensure all steps are taken to execute a high end event consistent with CW standards.
● Follow all health and safety regulations, including enforcing laws and ordinances in the handling and provision of alcoholic beverages.
● Attend trainings, tastings, meetings, as needed
● Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
● Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
You Give us Your Passion? We Give You: Competitive pay, live music & concerts daily, employee discounts, commuter benefits, and more!