Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - join our team of Support Workers at our Supported Living Services in Urmston and Carrington and create a positive difference that improves the life for the people we support.
This is a waking nights position from 8pm to 8am on a rolling rota 4 nights on and 4 off with the opportunity to pick up extra shifts
As a Support Worker you will support clients within their own flats in our supported living houses. You will be promoting independence to all our clients and upskilling them to live an independent and fulfilling life style. You must be self-motivated, ensuring the quality of care provided is consistent with current legislation. This is a fast paced yet highly rewarding position. You will need to think on your feet and operate in a punctual and timely manner. You must be reliable and punctual as the people you support will be relying on you to help them live their best lives!
- Developing clients life skills and personal interests
- Supporting clients with medication
- Arranging activities in the home and in the local community
- Promoting the independence of every client we support
We are currently looking for support workers to work 12 hour waking nights shifts 8pm to 8am. Our rotas work as 4 nights on and 4 nights off with the opportunity to pick up extra shifts. We also ask for all our support workers to be flexible in working across all of Compassionate Cares sites to help with the business needs.
The essentials for our Support Workers are:
- Using previous care experience and/or existing transferrable skills to promote independent living for all our clients, due to the needs of our client you do need have at least one years experience working with Autism and or Learning Disability
- Care Certificate or equivalent experience within the care sector or willingness to study to achieve this
- You will be fearless and not afraid of a challenge
- You will have a natural sense of empathy with others who need support along with bucket loads of common sense.
- You will have an easy-going personality and are tolerant of others who may display behaviour that can challenges
- You are able to thrive under pressure
- You are a committed self-starter and have great organisational skills and ability to think outside the box
- Be punctual, reliable and have the ability to think quickly and effectively
We are a family run care company providing outstanding home care within the community and supported living services with a core passion to put our clients first. We empower our clients to live to the best of their ability and promote independence. Our mission is to raise the bar for care standards, supporting our clients to “live” not just “exist”. We provide a friendly, professional and supportive working environment and most importantly you become part of the Compassionate Care family.
- Market leading salary starting from £9.50 per hour
- Two day paid in house training
- Online training
- Paid Induction and shadow shifts
- Structured career development path way
- Free enhanced DBS
- Refer a friend scheme – earn £250 per referral (terms and conditions apply)
- Free PPE
- Excellent flexible benefits including pension
- An excellent range of discounts for restaurants, shops, cinemas, days out and more