Assistant General Manager
Five Guys has partnered with Workforce 1 and is looking to hire Assistant General Managers. Five Guys looks for the total package: passion, enthusiasm, the ability to lead high performing teams, and most of all the ability to inspire the staff underneath them to grow into leaders themselves. This position requires someone who likes to cook, lead, motivate, and most of all-serve awesome food.
Assistant General Managers will have the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of a restaurant in the Restaurant General Manager's absence, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including product preparation and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of team members, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer and other duties as required or assigned.
Salary: $17.00+ (Depending on Experience)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Station master of both the front and back of house
• Effectively train and mentor line level managers and team members
• Effectively manages the restaurant, including administration of policies and guidelines of the company, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction at all times
• Maintains fast, accurate service, positive guest relations, and ensuring products are consistent with company quality standards
• Ensures Occupational Safety & Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policy are met
• Must maintain an “A” health inspection rating at all times
• Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
• Assists profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
• Manage Food and Labor Costs, keeping them to the level specified by management
• Conducts performance appraisals, takes disciplinary action, motivates and trains
• Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program
• Ensures food quality at all times
• Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
• Trains to gain the skills and experience necessary for promotion to General Manager.
• Performs day-to-day responsibilities such as using cash register, operating the grill, taking customer orders, etc., as needed
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Successful Candidates/Employees of this position must have a High School Diploma or GED. A college or university degree is preferred. In addition, 1-3 years of supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment is required with responsibility for restaurant/store profit and loss. Experience in providing customer service and a desire to grow in the food industry is strongly preferred. You must have a very hands on management style and be actively involved in all daily functions of the store.
• Certifications: A NYC Food Handlers License is required to be considered for this position.
• Language Ability: Good communication and interpersonal skills are required. The successful candidate/employee will use communication skills to build an exceptional team, supervise others, give detailed instructions and training, and resolve conflicts. The ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences, and memos is necessary. The position also requires the ability to write simple correspondences and the ability to effectively present information one-on-one, in small group situations and to other employees of the organization as well as customers. It also requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business memos, including financial data. This position requires that you are able to proficiently speak, read, and write the English language.
• Math Ability: The position requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. It also requires basic business math and accounting skills.
• Reasoning Ability: The position requires the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations and people. Strong analytical and decision-making skills are needed.
• Computer Skills: Basic personal computer literacy is required, with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and other appropriate software. Must be able to operate cash register.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises restaurant managers and crew members.
Qualifications and Skills:
✓ Minimum of 1 to 3 years Restaurant Management experience
✓ Experience in leading a high-performing team
✓ Excellent communication skills
✓ Personal desire to grow, learn and have fun
✓ NYC Food Handlers Card is a Must
✓ Free Employee Meal
✓ Paid Time Off
✓ Employee incentive program for anniversaries and exceptional performance
✓ Opportunity for Advancement
✓ Team Outings
✓ Eligibility to enroll in company healthcare plan
✓ Eligibility to enroll in 401K Plan
✓ 70% off all sister restaurant locations