are in charge of prepping food and plating dishes according to a restaurant's menu specifications. Also known as a Prep Cook
, they are assigned a specific place in the line
, such as the grill or vegetable prep station. Duties
include preparing food and maintaining sanitation standards.
- Ensure the preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked.
- Prepare simple components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and preparing sauces.
- Report to the executive chef and follow instructions.
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Clean prep areas.
- Stock inventory and supplies.
- Cook menu items with the support of the kitchen staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.