Set in the heart of Newquay, the Great Western enjoys unrivalled views over golden sands and out to sea from its clifftop garden, terrace, restaurant, and hotel-style accommodation.
You’ll be working in a Cornish paradise that’s renowned for its eclectic surf lifestyle that attracts visitors far and wide. Our doors first opened in 1879 with support from the local steam railway. The bar is fondly known as ‘Steam’ by many to this day.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Chef to join our talented kitchen team. You’ll be working in a fast-paced environment with passionate people, cooking with locally sourced produce to provide experiences that delight our guests.
- You have a passion for creating culinary delights from quality, locally sourced ingredients.
- You’re a whizz when it comes to product knowledge, adapting to menu changes and specials with ease.
- Working as part of a high energy and close-knit team comes naturally to you.
- You take pride in delivering a consistent, quality food offering.
- A strong self-belief and enthusiasm spur you to achieve individual and team goals, with a flair for facing challenges constructively.
- You are a natural communicator with the ability to forge strong relationships, lead by example, and embody a positive team spirit.
- You know food health and safety regulations like the back of your hand.
- Being commercially minded, you understand budgets and sales targets, and play your part in helping to achieve them.
- Having a wealth of experience in a similar role means you are able to recognise when team members need help and you’ll support where needed.
- You go above and beyond to ensure a consistently high level of service, supporting the full team including Front of House during peak times.
What we offer you in return:
- 30% off food and drink in our pubs.
- 50% off overnight stays in our pubs.
- A free two-night stay in our pubs every year.
- Westfield Rewards, including discounts and rewards from
hundreds of leading retailers, restaurants, and destinations.
- Cycle to work scheme on select roles.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Career progression.
- Free food on shift.
- Family-friendly policies.
- Flexible working.
- Paid time off to volunteer for charity.
St Austell Family Group is an Equal Opportunities employer, and we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We also welcome requests for flexible working.
Early applications are encouraged as we’ll review applications throughout the recruitment process and reserve the right to close the advert at any time. Please note that we politely request no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. Speculative CVs from recruitment agencies won’t be accepted, nor the fees associated with them.