Join a company where fun is a major part of our FUN-dation! Here you make a difference in the community, make someone’s day & have fun while working some place great!
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive wages
- 50% off meals
- Growth opportunities
- Generous PTO
- Free uniforms
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Health insurance
The Assistant Manager shares ultimate responsibility for customer happiness, quality of service, employee morale and the smooth operation of the restaurant with the General Manager. Responsible for the overall financial health of the restaurant. Assists with hiring, assignment, training, motivation and termination of all personnel. Oversees cleaning and maintenance of equipment and facilities and ensures that all health and safety regulations are adhered to.
• Actively participates in the management team and ensures consistency in implementing company policies and procedures.
• Anticipates future needs for employees and develops specific plans to obtain the appropriate number and types of employees necessary for our future success.
• Assists with hiring, assignment, motivation, evaluation, disciplinary actions and termination of personnel. Oversees orientation and training of all new employees and the retraining of existing employees as required.
• Develops an honest and trustworthy relationship with all employees. Resolves employee conflicts with integrity and fairness. Respects each employee as an individual and encourages personal growth. Administers appropriate discipline when needed.
• Assists with developing and posting work schedules and maintenance of accurate and complete employee files. Participates in the activities of all personnel and assists with the coordination of staff responsibilities in all departments of the restaurant.
• Assists with the training and development of future Assistant Managers for internal and external store promotions and GMTs.
• Investigates and resolves food quality and service complaints. Responsible for providing customers with appropriate compensation and takes further preventive actions as appropriate.
• Provides leadership for providing each customer with an extraordinary dining experience with quality food, a fun atmosphere and friendly service. Facilitates additional customer service training when needed.
• Assists with the generation, collection and review of daily and weekly business reports for compliance with standards, to track and forecast sales, and to plan purchases of food and supplies. Completes end of month reports as required.
• Assists the General Manager/SCEO in achieving budgeted sales and maximizing profit. Assists with the maintenance of effective food and beverage controls. Supervises inventories and food and beverage costs.
• Reviews financial information such as sales and costs. Actively participates in the management team’s efforts to monitor budgets to ensure efficient operation and that expenditures stay within budget limitations. Takes action to correct any deviation from the budget.
• Inspects dining room, food receiving, preparation, production and storage areas to ensure that health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
• Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the restaurant. Maintains proper emergency and security procedures.
• Supervises cleaning and daily maintenance of equipment and arranges for repairs and other services through the maintenance department.
• Responsible for developing in-store and community marketing strategies and implementing advertising and promotional campaigns to increase sales.
• Takes an active role in company functions and encourages employee participation.
• Becomes an active partner with the communities where our employees work and live.
• Abides by all policies and procedures established by Isaac’s.
High school degree or equivalent required. Previous management experience is helpful. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) of the work location and the guests who typically visit the work location. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations. Skills in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word are not required, though helpful. This position requires an ability to learn standard kitchen and food preparation procedures and organization. Must have knowledge of public health and sanitation regulations.
Knowledge of service, food and beverage, generally involving a minimum of two (2) years restaurant management experience. Must possess good communication skills and be able to work with others. Must have the ability to make decisions and solve problems rapidly. Must be sensitive to the needs of the customer.