Located on the first floor of the Mall of America, Twin City Grill is an American grill and local Minnesota favorite offering a comfortable environment with homemade comfort foods. Enjoy the relaxing dining room as a retreat from the hustle and bustle of the mall, and savor the classic dishes. From Northern Lakes Walleye Fish Fry to grill choices such as the Prime Meatloaf with old fashioned gravy and Roast Turkey with stuffing made from scratch, Twin City Grill offers a variety of dishes that are sure to leave you satisfied. Take a seat at the bar during happy hour and sip on a local craft beer or choose from one of the 20 wines by the glass or hand-shaken cocktail.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Restaurant Managers lead and direct the daily operations of a restaurant and consistently deliver an exceptional guest and employee experience; lead and develop the front of house (FOH) and back of house (BOH) teams while fostering our Culture of Caring; and assist the General Manager (GM) in driving sales, managing costs, growing the business.
- Organize, run and supervise smooth and efficient daily shifts (including opening and closing shifts), ensuring an exceptional guest and employee experience
- Provide guidance and leadership to hourly and management teams while fostering our Culture of Caring
- Respond immediately and effectively to guest and employee needs and feedback
- Maintain proficiency in job functions of all FOH and BOH positions and provide active back-up support when business needs require
- Assist GM in managing costs, driving sales and growing the business in support of financial goals
- Partner with GM and management team to interview, hire, onboard, train, schedule, supervise and develop all FOH and BOH hourly employees (including proficient use of online applicant tracking, training and other HR systems and tools)
- Monitor, address and document individual hourly employee performance through on-going feedback, positive recognition, formal performance reviews, coaching and, when necessary, disciplinary action up to and including employment termination
- Perform opening sanitation checklist, pre-shift line check and shift walk-throughs
- Balance, pare and maintain security of all cash banks
- Prepare for and conduct pre-shift and other employee meetings
- Ensure repair and maintenance needs are addressed
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Ensure proper food storage, quality and presentation standards, including temperature controls
- Monitor and ensure the restaurant and the team’s compliance with all Company and restaurant policies and procedures as well as all legal and regulatory requirements (including but not limited to safety and sanitation regulations and alcohol management) and represent the restaurant and Company in interactions with legal and regulatory authorities
- Perform regular and ad hoc inventories of food, beverage and restaurant supplies and track high cost items; place food, beverage and restaurant supply orders; and accept and inspect deliveries
- Work a variety of days and shifts (including early mornings, late nights and weekends) at multiple sites as needed
- Travel overnight occasionally as needed
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools, utensils, equipment and software (for example, restaurant management software, etc.)
- Effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable light, noise and temperature levels
- Move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Model and promote teamwork across all teams
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with challenges pertaining to guests, vendors and employees, and respond with patience and courtesy
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties assigned as needed