Il Porcellino, located in the heart of River North in downtown Chicago, is a neighborhood restaurant offering classic Italian‑American comfort food in a casual setting. Our seasonal menu focuses on housemade pastas, vegetable antipasti and daily specials, all crafted with ingredients sourced from quality artisans, purveyors and local farmers. Offering a bespoke cocktail program changing with the season, the fun and approachable wine program encourages sharing, with selections from southern and central Italy.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
Catering Sales Managers are responsible for managing catering sales and events including but not limited to generating sales, guest service, and planning and executing events; collaborating with the General Manager (GM) to drive business; and ensure an exceptional guest experience.
- Manage the restaurant’s catering and events (including but not limited to sales, client/guest relations, planning and executing events, and growing the business) to ensure an exceptional guest and employee experience
- Develop and maintain a LEYE client list using various techniques including but not limited to prospecting and cold calls
- Develop and accurately write catering proposals, contracts and event orders
- Understand catering budgets and work toward achieving sales goals
- Respond to client and guest questions (including but not limited to questions regarding restaurants, menu items and availability of dates) and schedule catering events in online system
- Use sales techniques to present current promotions to guests and increase sales
- Utilize and maintain guest incentive programs and staff referral programs
- Attend tastings and meetings (including but not limited to weekly catering & client meetings) and communicate pertinent information to appropriate personnel
- Order and maintain supplies, decorations and equipment
- Collaborate with General Manager and Chef to develop catering menus
- Clearly communicate all contract and event details and changes to appropriate personnel
- Cultivate and maintain a list of preferred vendors including but not limited to vendors for flowers, music, audio visual equipment and security companies
- Assist GM in managing costs, driving sales and growing the business in support of financial goals
- Complete server training and maintain proficiency in job functions of all direct reports and provide active back-up support as business needs require
- Understand and assist as needed with in-house audio visual equipment as needed including but not limited to music volume and playlists, microphone settings, and basic projector skills
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Monitor and ensure the restaurant and the team’s compliance with all Company and restaurant policies and procedures as well as all legal and regulatory requirements (including but not limited to safety and sanitation regulations and alcohol management) and represent the restaurant and Company in interactions with legal and regulatory authorities
- Partner with GM and designated managers and trainers to interview, hire, onboard, train, schedule, supervise and develop catering team employees (including proficient use of online applicant tracking, training and other HR systems and tools)
- Partner with GM and management team to monitor, address and document individual hourly employee performance through on-going feedback, positive recognition, formal performance reviews, coaching and, when necessary, disciplinary action up to and including employment termination
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Work a variety of days and shifts (including early mornings, late nights and weekends) at multiple sites as needed
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools, utensils, equipment and software (for example, restaurant management software, etc.)
- Effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable light, noise and temperature levels
- Move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Model and promote teamwork across all teams
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with challenges pertaining to guests, vendors and employees, and respond with patience and courtesy
- Travel overnight occasionally as needed
- Provide guidance and leadership to hourly and management teams while fostering our Culture of Caring
- Organize and conduct periodic informational seminars for employees
- Other duties assigned as needed