Antico Posto is an intimate Italian Cafe and Wine Bar carefully tucked inside Oakbrook Center Mall. House specialties include handmade pastas, gnocchi, ravioli, hot and cold antipasti, brick oven hand-stretched pizzas and house-churned gelato. Antico Posto’s wine list includes Italian, Californian and Washington varietals, and features more than 50 wines available by the glass and bottle.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Line Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of all menu items.
- Prepare menu items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to Management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the station
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Relevant keywords: line cook, line cooks, cook, cooks,
restaurant cooks, back of house, BOH, line cook jobs, cook jobs, culinary jobs,
restaurant cooks, restaurant line cooks, restaurant kitchen team, kitchen
brigade, line cook opportunity, hospitality