Bub City is Chicago's destination for barbecue and whiskey. It is open for lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and late night dining. The Southern spot offers more than 125 different whiskeys from well‑known and independent distilleries throughout the country, house-smoked pitmaster favorites and a Southern-inspired weekend brunch menu.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You team! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth. If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
- BCBS health insurance & other options including dental
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Restaurant discounts
- Opportunities for career growth
Bussers are responsible for assisting the service team in exceeding the guest’s expectations. Assists with Barista duties as directed. Teamwork, organization and good awareness are necessary for success in this position.
- Clean and reset tables and transport dirty dishes to bus tub, tray or dish room
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Effectively service a minimum of an eight table section
- Safely and effectively move chairs, tables, highchairs and booster seats
- Clean and reset tables and transport dirty dishes to bus-tub, tray or dish room
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Assist service team with all food and beverage service
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed