Lettuce at Navy Pier – Big Bowl Chinese Express, Big City Chicken, Ozzi's Pops & Pretzels, Frankie's By The Slice: Our popular quick-serve restaurants featuring authentic Chinese and Thai carryout, buttermilk-brined fried chicken, Neapolitan-style pizzas, Chicago Italian beef sandwiches, and delicious seasonal pops.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Counter Servers are responsible for the preparation, presentation and service of menu items for guests, as well as collection of payment.
- Prepare menu items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and accurately
- Maintain food quality standards
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate with management when running low
- Sell and accurately account for gift cards and/or merchandise
- Responsible for taking orders, packaging and checking accuracy for all carryout and delivery
- Responsible for the security and reconciliation of a cash drawer
- Accurately record and account for all items ordered, process payments, and balance all sales/receipts in compliance with restaurant policies and procedures
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Use sales techniques to present and encourage current promotions to guests
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Proficiency in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the POS system, Frequent Diner, Gift Card and Credit Card terminals, as well as telephones and Open Table
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed