Sushi-san is serving up the best sushi in Chicago and binchotan roasted meats using the freshest ingredients they can find, all with a side of old-school hip-hop and ice-cold beer. Join them for lunch, dinner and late-night eats. Don't miss their omakase every Friday and Saturday night featuring hyper-seasonal ingredients from around that world.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
Sushi Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of all menu items with a focus on sushi, maki, nigiri and sashimi.
- Prepare food items and ingredients needed for menu items (including but not limited to sushi, maki, nigiri and sashimi) according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Butcher whole fish and cut, trim and prepare consumer-sized portions of fish
- Ability to use knives proficiently including but not limited to sushi and sashimi knives
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels and maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the kitchen
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed