Aba is a Mediterranean restaurant originating from Chicago’s historic Fulton Market District. Aba, meaning father in Hebrew, incorporates Chef CJ Jacobson's lighter style of cooking with influences from the Mediterranean, including Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, and Greece. The bar program, crafted by Liz Pearce, showcases rare Mediterranean-inspired wines and spirits.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Barbacks are responsible for stocking the bar, coolers and storage areas with appropriate items as well as maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards of these areas. Assists the Bartender with sidework, glass washing, bussing and restocking. Also assists with Busser, Food Runner and Barista duties as directed.
- Stock/restock appropriate areas of the bar with alcohol, glassware, ice and supplies
- Arrange and set-up beverages, mixes, garnishes and supplies, and prepare drink mixes
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively transport filled glass racks, ice and cases of liquor, beer and wine
- Ability to safely tolerate hands being exposed to liquids frequently, including water, cleaning solutions, alcohol, various juices and other liquids
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives and blenders
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the overall guest experience exceeds expectations and anticipate guests’ needs
- Greet guests with a warm, sincere smile
- Use tact and good judgement when dealing with guest challenges and respond to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Safely and properly change beer kegs, CO2 tanks and soda dispensers
- Manually wash and sanitize glassware using a three compartment sink
- Account for and maintain the security of all bar stock and inventory
- Ability to recognize an intoxicated guest, refuse to overserve guests and seek out management with any concerns about a guest that appears intoxicated
- Understand and respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and menu
- Follow all steps of service
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed