Nominated for 'Best New Restaurant' in the Austin Chronicle, the Mediterranean and California inspired restaurant is led by Top Chef Duels Winner, Chef CJ Jacobson. Aba, meaning father in Hebrew, incorporates a lighter style of cooking with influences from Israel, Lebanon, Turkey, and Greece. The bar program, crafted by Liz Pearce, showcases rare Mediterranean-inspired wines and spirits.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth. If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team. EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
- Work today, get paid tomorrow: receive up to 50% of your previous day's pay!
- BCBS health insurance & other options including dental
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Restaurant discounts
- Opportunities for career growth
Pastry Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of baked goods, pastries and/or desserts.
- Prepare baked goods according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Assist Chef in overseeing the bread and/or pastry inventory and communicating needs to ordering manager
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare ingredients needed for bread, pastry and/or dessert recipes as needed
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to Management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the station
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player