Hellcat Subs LLC is the largest franchisee of Jersey Mike's Subs in Illinois. This post is for recruiting General Managers for expansion plans to add a new store in Tinley Park and two more in Naperville.
The General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development, and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits, and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The General Manager reports to the District Manager on a daily and weekly basis.
Primary responsibilities include overseeing and managing all areas of the restaurant and make final decisions on matters of importance to guest service.
Financially, our General Managers:
1) Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs.
2) Are responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and In accordance with company policies and procedures.
Food safety and planning requires a General Manager to:
1) Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas. Ensure compliance with operational standards, company policies, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
2) Be responsible for ensuring consistently high-quality food preparation and service.
3) Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper, uniforms and appearance standards.
4) Estimate food and beverage costs. Work with the Area Manager for efficient provisioning and purchasing of supplies.
5) Supervise portion control and quantities of preparation to minimize waste.
6) Estimate food needs, place orders with distributors and schedule the delivery of fresh food and supplies.
7) Must be ServSafe certified and will uphold all ServSafe guidelines.
Guest service is one of the elements for us to remain "a sub above" our competition! In this area, our General Managers: ensure positive guest service in all areas. They to any customer concerns, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests.
Operational responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1) Ensuring that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests and company assets.
2) Ensuring a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents. Completes accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
3) Manages shifts that include: daily decision-making, scheduling, and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
4) Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
Today, staffing and people skills are more important now than ever! In this area of the job, we assist and expect our General Managers to:
1) Provide direction to employees regarding operational and procedural issues.
2) Interview hourly employees. Direct hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
3) Conduct a store walk through and explain the Jersey Mike's Subs philosophy and oversee the training of new employees.
4) Develop employees by providing ongoing feedback, establishing performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews.
5) Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts.
Community Involvement is extremely important to us. Whether it's marketing or helping in any way that we can, we are a strong presence in the local community and high level of community involvement by restaurant and personnel is an expectation. We don't give to get, we give to give!
Qualifications for this position include:
1) Knowledge of computers (MS Word, Excel).
2) Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, record keeping, and preparation of reports.
3) Must possess a valid driver’s license.
4) Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Personal Requirements include but are not limited to:
1) Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
2) Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
3) Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
4) Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions to restaurant problems.
5) Must possess good communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
6) Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation In daily restaurant activities.
7) Ability to determine the applicability of experience and qualifications of job applicants.
Accountability and Reporting require that a General Manager:
1) Keeps District Manager promptly and fully informed of all issues (i.e. problems, unusual matters of significance and positive events) and takes prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action.
2) Completes job responsibilities and Jersey Mike's Subs policies and procedures.
3) Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
4) At all times provides a favorable image of Jersey Mike's Subs to promote its 'We Care" philosophy.
5) Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
We offer 1 week of paid vacation every 6 months worked, accrual starts at hire! We have a quarterly bonus program, offer 5 paid sick days per year, and offer health, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
Jersey Mike’s is a brand that believes: in the value of ingredients, in the virtue of intention, and in the idea that making a sub sandwich and making a difference can be one and the same. At Jersey Mike's, we understand that being the best team on the planet takes more than just talent. It is a perfect blend of talent, trust, teamwork, and a shared vision. It's that little added effort, a splash of extra and unexpected, that elevates everything we do.