Nando’s Prep Cooks enable our restaurants to produce high quality items in a timely manner by keeping ingredients ready for service. A prep cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items as assigned by the management team. Prep cooks ensure we use the freshest ingredients, follow sanitation guidelines and prep recipes to standard to maintain product consistency.
• Prepares all food items consistently and as directed in a sanitary and timely manner.
• Ensures quality by maintaining proper rotation of perishable and non-perishable products.
• Ensures consistency by tasting food constantly.
• Helps maintain food cost by limiting kitchen waste and through the efficient use of all products.
• Assists with management of inventory by counting items and preparing orders.
• Consistently follows recipes, procedures and specifications as set by the restaurant.
• Restocks all items as needed throughout shift.
• Stores and labels all food properly.
• Must maintain a clean, sanitary and organized work environment.
• Has understanding and knowledge to properly use and maintain all equipment in station.
• Recieves and put away orders.
• Basic understanding of knife handling skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of, and compliance with, safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Previous prep cook experience.
• Ability to take direction.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Must maintain consistency and productivity.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Ability to physically handle knives and other sharp, heavy or potentially dangerous items.
• Ability to perform cutting skills on work surfaces, topped with cutting boards, 3 to 4 feet in height.
• Proper usage and handling of various kitchen machinery to include slicers, ovens, stoves, grinders, mixers, and other kitchen related equipment.