Do you want to work for one of the Top 100 Best Companies 2021?
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Sous who can join us at this exciting time.
What are we looking for?
- A guardian of morale in the Mowgli kitchen; embodying the 3 pillars of our culture- Intelligence, Grace and Graft.
- Proud and passionate about what you do with a keen eye for detail from prep to pass. We’re only as good as our last dahl!
- A natural leader who can work alongside the Head Chef to train and develop the team.
- No ego! Our kitchens are an ego-free zone built on mutual respect.
- Impeccable food hygiene and health and safety standards who leads by example
So why Mowgli?
- Award winning pay and benefits!
- You will get the chance to go on life changing trips to India. Following the success of our first India trip, we sent 20 of our team members to Mumbai in January with one of our international charity partners. Our aim is that this will become a yearly incentive for all our employees.
- Charity is central to our business and we have raised over £700k since we started on our charitable journey; be truly involved and build relationships with your house charity and our international partners.
- We are committed to work life balance and have taken real steps to protect your precious time away from work- goodbye WhatsApp groups and 60-hour weeks!
- We are always investing in systems and technology to ensure you have the best tools in the industry.
- Ranked top 50 for two consecutive years in Sunday Times Fast Track 100 behind only one other hospitality business both years.
- Trailblazer 2020, Casual Dining
What we’ll offer:
- Competitive salary, service charge and tips
- Fantastic career progression- climb the Mowgli Career Tree and take the helm of your very own Mowgli Kitchen in the future
- Reasonable working hours- we keep our chef hours between 44-48 hours with two consecutive days off.
- Guaranteed Christmas Eve (evening), Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day off- family time is important to us
- Cycle to work scheme, financial well-being support, Wagestream, Employee Welfare Programme, Pupternity, enhanced family leave, Mowgli Sabbatical to reward length of service and for those with children- your child's first day of school off.
- 50% off food when you come with your family & friends
- Uniform provided and replaced
Join us on our Mowgli journey- we can’t wait to meet you!
More about Mowgli
More about the location
The team have been serving the wonderful academic city of Oxford since 2018- a study in Curry amongst the Seven Spires.
A destination spot up on the Westgate rooftop with beautiful interiors and a tight knit team.