Hospitality is looking for a detail-minded and technically skilled Interior Designer
to join our team. The successful candidate will work on a range of projects
across all our properties.
candidate will be able to balance multiple project commitments and deadlines,
will be comfortable working both independently and within teams, and is a confident
collaborator both within the office and with our external partners. The incumbent must
have a good understanding of current trends in the hospitality industry.
creative and strategic problem solver, organized, systematic and thorough are
The Role, Responsibilities and Attributes:
- Has a well-developed eye for scale and
balance, designing elements that ‘fit’ the space for maximum impact.
- Can readily capture the intended ‘look and
attitude’ that reflects branding and positioning; with architecture,
color, finish materials, FF&E – and articulates “why concepts work” to
the team using a sound, logical reasoning.
- Can differentiate the needs of different
‘styles’ and ‘looks’ and deliver those styles without letting personal
preferences impact choices.
- Designs ‘around corners’ not just major
areas - so spaces flow consistently, areas tie together for maximum impact
and secondary focal points are established and used to build upon the
underlying ‘story’ and attitude.
- Regularly follows trends in hotels,
architecture, and interior design so that own work and ideas are of a high
caliber as well as sophistication level.
- Follows trends in hospitality so they can
incorporate the latest technology and operational needs by reading trade
magazines and other sources.
- Is highly skilled in ‘Lighting’ as a design
element, knows how to use lighting and shadows for drama and impact.
Regularly follows lighting magazines to watch for new trends and
applications and fixtures.
- Is an expert at reviewing drawings and
samples to ensure drawings and finishes match DDA specifications.
- Has an expert knowledge of durability codes,
fire codes and operational needs on product being designed and specified.
- Has expert knowledge of fabrication
techniques for drapery, bedding, pillows and knows how to achieve a wide
array of designs ranging from contemporary to formal classic; and is then
able to create detailed specs for fabrication.
- Understands and demonstrates the need for
open and direct communication both verbally and in writing.
- Understands and demonstrates the value and need
to keep all team members informed of status of project and deliverables.
- Regularly reviews and checks sets of their
team deliverables for accuracy, efficiency, and thoroughness
- Demonstrates a high degree of Time
Management skills and constantly seeks to streamline processes and
procedures to increase quality and efficiency.
- Project management skills from initial
concept through to installation and completion.
- Technical site experience working with
contractors and coordinating installations.
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD and
Photoshop essential, able to deliver CAD drawings.
- Manage all
FF&E procurement for projects including independent and pro-active
sourcing of goods.
- Manage the
budget, suppliers, orders, and invoicing for projects.
- To take
responsibility for project deadlines, ensuring they are met, and projects
are structured to achieve deadlines.
detailed research into products, services and suppliers and produce recommendations.
daily/weekly and monthly reports.