Petersham Nurseries Richmond are looking to recruit experienced waiters to join our team. You will be working in our charming, sophisticated restaurant which is set within one of our greenhouses.
a Waiter you represent the face of the restaurant and are responsible
for providing an amazing dining experience for our customers that is unrivalled
by our competitors. You are responsible for providing the highest levels of
customer service, demonstrating exceptional knowledge of the menu and ensuring
that the service you provide results in increased sales and repeat business.
- Familiarise yourself with the restaurant menu and
any specials so you can advise customers of the dishes offered.
- Greet customers with a warm and friendly reception.
- Offer each customer an appropriate choice of
seating, escort the customer to their table and assist them with coats, other
- Present the customer with the menu at the time of
seating making them aware of the daily specials and make recommendations.
Answer questions about menu items.
- Allow the customer to view the menu and ask them if
they are ready to order drinks, always offer still or sparkling water.
- Answer questions about the menu, if the correct
information is not at hand find out from the Chef.
- Handle multiple customers effectively.
- Place all food and beverage orders with the kitchen
and bar area and ensure timely pick up of items.
- Check with the customers to see if they are enjoying
their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Serve drinks and food in a timely way in line with
agreed service standards.
- Work closely with the kitchen staff to ensure that
dining details are handled correctly.
- Provide the bill promptly at the customer’s request.
- Liaise with the kitchen in the event of any problems
with food quality to resolve to the diner’s satisfaction.
- Clear finished items when all the party are ready
efficiently but without appearing rushed.
- Ensure that tables are reset immediately following
the customers departure.
- Maximise sales revenue by offering additional
products and suggestive selling techniques.
- Check that the diner’s meal was to their
satisfaction, offer desserts and tea/coffee.
- Increase the customer base by promoting the events,
Petersham Cellar Club.
- Ensure all feedback from diners about the quality of
the food is passed on to enable the chefs to continue to strive to provide the
best possible food to diners.
- Ensure the restaurant is set up for service by
checking that the cutlery, crookery, linen, and glassware is clean, and the
tables are laid to the required standards, includes fresh flowers.
- Ensure that a high standard of hygiene and
cleanliness is maintained throughout the Restaurant by following cleaning
routines and through ongoing diligence during the shift.
- Keep your workstation sufficiently stocked
throughout the day with all items needed for service.
- Always keep the restaurant/workstation clean and tidy.
It is particularly important that the restaurant and all equipment are left
clean at the end of each shift.
- Ensure all wastage is recorded correctly.
- To exceed customer expectations by serving food and
drink in a professional, knowledgeable, and helpful manner.
- Aim to achieve customer feedback commendations
- Keep up to date of on-going issues and developments
within the Company by reading the Petersham Nurseries Newsletters and other
- Represent the company’s high standards of personal
presentation and behaviour at all times during a shift.
- Adhere to company dress code, attendance and time
- Work as part of a team by sharing duties and
demonstrating flexibility about hours and days of work.
- Maintain the standards and culture of the team by
setting an example to new members of staff and assisting in their training when
- Fully understand the restaurants ethos.
- Bring a positive attitude to teamwork, contributing
to the smooth running of the restaurant and interacting productively with other
- Flexible working includes regular weekend, bank
holiday and occasional evening working.
- Involvement in ad
hoc project work/ events.
We look forward to hearing from you.